Blog

 

Hypocalcaemia

Calcium - role in the body The content of calcium in the body is about 1000 g. It is the basic building element of the skeleton. Almost 99% of it occurs in bones bound as apatite. However, the remaining 1% (or about 10 g) is present as...

read more

Osteomalacia

What is Osteomalacia? Osteomalacia is the adult equivalent of rickets. Osteomalacia is a metabolic disease of the bones in which the bones are insufficiently saturated with calcium, making them insufficiently strong and prone to bending...

read more

Cranberry

Cranberry (Vaccinium sect. Oxycoccus) is an evergreen shrub growing in swamps and wetlands. The herbal and food raw material is its fruit - multi-seed berries. The fruit is harvested in the fall - from mid-September to the beginning of...

read more

Kidney stone disease

What is kidney stone disease? Nephrolithiasis, also known as urolithiasis, is a disease in which the kidney or the urinary tract (calyxes, pelvis and ureter) contain deposits, resulting from the precipitation of chemicals in the urine,...

read more

Calendula

In its natural state, the parent plant (Calendula officinalis) is found in South-Central Europe, the Balkan Peninsula, Egypt and Syria. In Poland, marigold is often grown as an ornamental plant (for example on balconies) or in gardens,...

read more

Eucalyptus

Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus L'Hér.) - a genus of trees and shrubs belonging to the myrtle family. It includes about 600 species from Australia, New Guinea and south-eastern Indonesia. In Australia, they form evergreen forests or scrubland....

read more

Pharyngitis

The throat, in addition to the nasal cavity, mouth and part of the larynx, is one of the structures of the upper respiratory tract. It is protected against infection by a number of defense mechanisms, such as its anatomical structure,...

read more

Chronic renal failure

What is Chronic Renal Failure? Chronic renal failure (CRF) is a multi-symptomatic disease syndrome resulting from permanent damage or reduction in the number of active nephrons, caused by various disease processes in the renal parenchyma....

read more

Garlic

Garlic (Allium L.) is a genus of plants from the Amaryllidaceae family, including about 700 species cultivated or found in the wild throughout the Northern Hemisphere, mainly in the temperate zone. The following are important as edible...

read more