Hypocalcaemia

Hypocalcaemia

Calcium – role in the body The content of calcium in the body is about 1000 g. It is the basic building element of the skeleton. Almost 99% of it occurs in bones bound as apatite. However, the remaining 1% (or about 10 g) is present as ionized form in the...
Osteomalacia

Osteomalacia

What is Osteomalacia? Osteomalacia is the adult equivalent of rickets. Osteomalacia is a metabolic disease of the bones in which the bones are insufficiently saturated with calcium, making them insufficiently strong and prone to bending under load, leading to abnormal...
Kidney stone disease

Kidney stone disease

What is kidney stone disease? Nephrolithiasis, also known as urolithiasis, is a disease in which the kidney or the urinary tract (calyxes, pelvis and ureter) contain deposits, resulting from the precipitation of chemicals in the urine, when their concentration exceeds...
Pharyngitis

Pharyngitis

The throat, in addition to the nasal cavity, mouth and part of the larynx, is one of the structures of the upper respiratory tract. It is protected against infection by a number of defense mechanisms, such as its anatomical structure, rich and diverse flora of the...
Chronic renal failure

Chronic renal failure

What is Chronic Renal Failure? Chronic renal failure (CRF) is a multi-symptomatic disease syndrome resulting from permanent damage or reduction in the number of active nephrons, caused by various disease processes in the renal parenchyma. Chronic kidney failure is...